SA Businesses First Ever Business Conference
SA Businesses is one of the best business directories in South Africa. We sure do go the extra mile to make sure that our clients are happy. We hosted our first ever conference on the 28th of April which was a success and was eventful.
The aim of the conference was to help businesses listed with us to create business relations and for them to get to know each other on a more acquainted base. We had a great turn out. Just to mention a few: KP Leather, Nashville Rock Projects, Ganizo, The Rachkim Cleaning Services, Emmah’s Cakes.
This conference paved a way for businesses to exchange ideas as well as assist one another in areas where help was needed. Businesses got the opportunity to network. The conference was a success because the businesses that attended were open to learning new things. The conference attendants all had huge smiles on their faces at the end of the meeting which indicated the positive result of the conference. Here’s a highlight of some of the things the speakers spoke about.
Theresa de Necker (Izinsazi)
Theresa de Necker being the first speaker spoke about virtual HR being the new technology created for small companies. Virtual HR has made the workload of employers much less because it allows employees to be connected directly with HR systems and also allowing them to input data directly.
She mentions the importance of having an accommodative workplace for the disable. She also spoke about how employers need to follow employment legislations in the workplace and how following these laws can positively or negatively affect the working environment.
Dianne Neethling (Imsyser)
Dianne Neethling being one of the Directors at Imsyser, speaks about how social media can be very important for a business. She also mentions that when they created social media platforms for Imsyser, this helped them get great of exposure.
She also spoke about how hard it may be to operate as business without social media. Moreover, she advised other businesses to find their target market before posting something inappropriate. And to be consistent with postings and to also use a lot of hashtags.
Liness Chawonga (Print Haven)
As we all branding your business is very important. This not only put out a great impression for your customers but to also allow your clients to know what to expect from you.
Liness Chawonga, the owner of Print Haven, spoke to us about the importance of branding. She said having your brand everywhere and anywhere allows potential clients to easily approach you. For example if you are wearing a branded t-shirt with all your business details, someone can just get your number from there instead of coming directly to you.
Advie Tuso (SA Businesses)
Advie Tuso as the owner of SA Businesses spoke on how to grow your business during the pandemic. He points out a few keynotes that one can take into consideration when running a business during the pandemic, namely:
- Businesses need to maintain and improve relationships with customers. The reason for this is to show your customers that you consider them and that you put them first always.
- People need to learn how invest in meaningful investments. Hence, one doesn’t end up spending unnecessary funds during these hectic times.
- Businesses need to capitalize on changing media consumption habits. This is to help them identify what their target market is and what content will be more suitable.
- Your customer will speak for you. The reason for this is when you ask your customers to leave reviews and testimonials on your site. It helps strengthen your credibility and make you stand out as a business.
- Create your network. This helps you engage and connect with different people all around the world.
In conclusion, the conference allowed the businesses listed with us to get to know each other and help with networking