Fun Facts About African Food
About African food
Africa is one of the second largest continents and has the second-largest population after Asia of course. Did you know that Africa was once named Alkebulan? Fun fact, right? That’s not all with Africa, the African food is also spectacular.
When you hear the word Africa, the first thing that comes into mind is the delicious African foods that is made and discovered. If you live in Africa or have been to Africa you know that it is most known for its exotic spices in their food. It is known that Lagos is one of the largest cities in Africa. Today’s focus will be mainly on Nigerian foods.
Unofficial facts one can agree with when having Nigerian food:
- Jollof rice tastes better when you eat it the next day
- You are never too full to finish your meat
- Akara tastes better when wrapped in newspaper
- Small packs of Indomie(noodles) taste better than the big ones
- Meat tastes better when you steal it from a pot (seriously not encouraging anyone to steal meat from anyone’s pot)
- Moinmoin tastes better when made with leaves
- Pounded yam tastes better when someone else does the pounding
Some of the famous Nigerian cuisines
- Jollof rice
- Pounded yam
- Egusi soup
- Moi Moi
- Pepper soup
- Beans and Plantain
Berry’s Food and Events
Why not visit your local Nigerian restaurant located in the heart of Kempton park. They are available for your hot meal delivery around the area, therefore making you able to enjoy our meals in the comfort of your homes or offices. Patrons who enjoy walking into restaurants are also welcome to eat in. They can also courier dry food stuff to any address around the country.
Please leave us a Review.
Contact Berry at: